Saturday 20 March 2010

I love you Phillip Morris

My friends love for Ewan McGregor is the reason i came across this film. She sent me a link and i though "MY GOD I NEED TO SEE THIS RIGHT NOW" Unfortunately the film wasn't in cinemas yet so i had to wait until today to finally see it. It was worth the wait though.

Yes it doesn't exactly seem fitting for Ewan McGregor and Jim Carrey to be the perfect couple all loved up and fucking in prison for our young sensitive eyes to see but then again neither does a teenage girl falling in love with a vampire but that argument is for another day. As the film goes on you soon begin to see how cute they are together. Wait- did i just say Jim and Ewan are cute together? Even though Steven was a mind controlling crazy genius that was in and out of prison more times than Katie price has had plastic surgery, you could still see the method in his madness.
I'm not a McGregor fan as a rule but i have to be painfully honest i loved his character he was pretty sweet bless him. I did like Steven as well but Jesus! what was going on with that haircut of his.

The film had quite a sad ending and why the hell did he get life imprisonment? some murderers don't even get life! I suppose people go insane over money. It's weird to think Phillip didn't get out until 2006, just 3 years ago!

The film was even better than i expected, i would watch it again and I'm definitely buying the dvd which i don't normally do so i hope Jim and Ewan feel special.
Opera - "What was it like kissing a man?"
Jim Carrey - "Honestly, It turned me on a little"
Audience - "Woooooooo!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment