Wednesday 10 March 2010

Rayman 2

Lately I've drifted away from Xbox360 and gone back to my beloved PlayStation 2 to play Rayman 2 . What a blast from the past i forgot how much i love this game. I own the first Rayman but the crappy 2D animation was too much to handle. If i remember rightly the characters didn't even speak you had to read the subtitles, I felt like i was playing it on my gameboy colour! Enough about the Rayman fail the game makers obviously picked up on how boring and retarded Rayman was because Rayman 2 is completely pimped out with new characters (that actually speak) , jaw dropping graphics for around the time the game came out and more exciting and levels! Okay for a 17 year old such as myself the game is obviously so easy its laughable but i was about 12 or younger when i got Rayman 2 for Christmas and it took me a month or possible longer to complete the difficult and immensely challenging levels and bosses. Talking about bosses the hardest one at the time was that ice man . I remember being stuck on that part for ages even asking my parents for help only for them to eventually give up in frustration. Last night when getting to that part of the game i was ready to have a real battle on my hands that would possibly last all night, instead i defeated him in one hit and i was off to the next level. Waw i must have really been brain dead when i was younger that was easy! Actually i think that was probably the easiest boss Ive ever come across in game history. (don't get me started on Spyro 2's fight against crush when i was 8 and ended up crying because i was moments away from defeating him when out of the blue he killed me with his blue Lazar beam...tosser!) So back to Rayman yes it will probably go down in my top 10. Glowbox is my favourite character although he reminds me of Patrick from Spongbob. If only they made games like Rayman these days instead of always bringing out millions of action games that have been done a hundred times before such as assassins creed and medal of honor. Don't get me wrong they're medal of honor and assassins creed are two very epic games filled with action and bloody violence to keep you entertained for hours not to mention graphics that look so real you will literally shit yourself. As i doubt I'll be seeing Rayman on the Xbox360 or PlayStation 3 anytime soon (I'm not even going to talk about Rayman raving rabbits for obvious reasons) I'd like to say goodbye to Rayman may you rest in peace and not dug up to create a re-make containing rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment