Thursday 25 March 2010

Medusa Sketch

This is the starting point to my all my class finals. I'm working on blowing this up too A2 , probably going to take me all weekend but hopefully my lecturers will appreciate the effort. I'm also making this into a print but its proving quite difficult. Cutting all the small detail out of this is not exactly easy. I have to take a little trip to the range on Sunday and buy a shit load of art stuff for my final on Monday so i better get cracking and try and Finnish this bloody thing.

I can not wait until next week and Easter for all this stuff t be handed in and over with. It's the end of the subject I'm working on which is the human form and we're moving onto observational drawings. Thank god after being in this college since September i am finally going to actually draw something. I'll see how that goes after Easter holidays.

There's allot of crap going on next week. We have an artist coming in to paint with us on the Monday and we have to buy a wall painting brush (yet another thing to buy in the range) and on the Wednesday our college parents gill and Nigel are taking us out on a little trip to Cardiff for some sort of art competition. the winner gets a few thousand i think but of course we are not aoud to enter. We are there to observe and appreciate the art.

Back to Medusa. I'm not sure how my work turned into Greek mythology but it seems to have ran into that direction so i'm just going to go with that. The student teacher, Seb wanted me to use ink on this picture but i was like screw that I'm going to completely ruin it if i do anything like that to it. I should have scanned in my sketch of Leonardo DiCaprio , i would have if i wasn't in the middle of a lecture at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment