Friday 18 June 2010

Final piece

Today was slightly epic. Ive been locked up in a room all day with 3 other friends racing against the clock to finish my final piece. It's been hectic , mad and i didn't think i was going to Finish it all but at long last everything went to plan and i was able to escape that textiles prison.

At 1:50pm today we were toled that the finals had to be in at 2:00pm. You can imagine the panicked look on our faces as we looked at our half finished work lying on the table. I myself rushed to the sewing machine and just began putting everything together in one mad rush! I then grabbed any piece of paper and began writing my evaluation as quick as possible. Of course we never made the dead line of 2:00pm instead it was half an hour late but there you go.


For my final i decided to make a lino print. This is what i carved into a piece of lino. This took me 5 whole hours sitting there without a brake chiseling away at a piece of plastic. My fingers are all cut and bloody and my eyes are out of focus but of course it's worth it....right?

I personally have no idea how i managed to carve into that thing, You have no idea how tough it is and i know from experience that the blade is fairly Sharpe!
So this is the end result. A big sheet with prints all over it. It was ne'er impossible keeping the thing clean as there was ink all over my hands , clothes and face. Not to mention all over the table and smothered onto newspaper. You should have seen the mes when i attempted to clean everything into the sink, It honestly looked like id been caught in an oil slick!!
So that's it , my first year at Gorseinon College , Done! And what an interesting year it has been, Certainly better than my 5 years at Ysgol Gyfun Gwyr (comp). I wouldn't have stayed in that bloody place for any amount of money! I didn't care what college i was going to as long as it was far away from there. So it's been a year since my GCSE's which was Probably the worst part of my life in education. All through comp you think you cant get any shitter than you already are because your all treated like some stupid child! That is 1 reason from a very big list of reasons i went to college and didn't stay in school but that story is for another day, for now lets get back to the point...
It's hard to believe I've been in college for a whole year but at the same time it's weird because it feels like Ive known my college friends allot longer . Looking back i suppose it has been a long time and it has been pretty fun at times. So i have another whole year in college so there's no point getting all teary eyed and sentimental just yet folkes, there's still a load more college shenanigans to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment